The Health Benefits of the Avocado Seed
This is a very interesting article on the health benefits of the Avocado Seed, which I’ve always thrown away. Looks like I won’t be doing that anymore. Hope you enjoy the read.
Posted Thursday, February 4, 2016 at 10:56am EST
“You may find this fact a bit interesting, but it is so true and fascinating. Avocado seeds are packed full of nutrients that can provide several health benefits to the body. In fact, the seeds contain more antioxidants than the avocado fruity fleshes and most fruits, vegetables and healing teas do”.
The writer Alex Jordon showed us several benefits of eating avocado seeds, while many people still ignore its seed, what people have realized is that avocados are delicious fruits and provide tons of health benefits.
I have to say, consider well before you throw the seeds when eating avocados, as it may contain the key to combating a kind of cancer – Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML).
What’s Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) And How Avocado Seeds May Help
Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) is a form of cancer that affects the bone narrow, it causes bone narrow cells to malfunction, which will creat an influx of non-mature myeloid cells to crowd the bloodstream, thus leading to leukemia cancer. People who’re suffering from this cancer may have uncomfortable symptoms, such as difficult breathing, serious joint pain, bleeding disorders and lack of energy. It’s essential treat it in time, and the avocado seeds may help!
A 2015 study (S1) of the Cancer Research Journal showed that avocados could hold the key to helping beat rare form of leukaemia, and also noted that the compound was extracted from the seed of avocado and not from the flesh.
Scientists (S2) from the University of Waterloo and Mount Sinai Hospital in Canada and the University of Perugia in Italy have found that a simple compound in avocado seeds could kill cancer cells without any negative effects when compared with the traditional treatments.
Another study (S3) also found that a compound that exsited in the avocado seed may lead to a new treatment for AML without any harsh side effect. Means the part often tossed when you’re eating avocados could provide better surival outcomes for people who’re suffering from AML.
So, rethink about this next time. And the seeds,not only have the ability to help the patients with AML, also can help your health in other ways as well:
1. Actually avocado seed has 70% of the antioxidants found in the whole avocado, which is essential to prevent heart disease, lower cholesterol and prevent other types of disease.
2. Avocado seed has insecticidal, fungicidal, and anti-microbial properties.
3. The seed has more soluble fiber than almost any other food, which plays an important role in controlling high cholesterol.
4. The seed is very high in potassium.
5. Avocado seed also has a good anti-inflammatory ability to help relieve joints pain and arthritis.
6. The oil form of avocado seed has been shown to keep your skin youthful and reduce the appearance of wrinkles. It also helps get rid of dry dead skin as a simple skin care remedy.
7. Make tea with grated avocado seeds is great for stomach ache. Halve the seed and put it into a cup of hot water, leave it for 10-15 minutes and drink the tea.
8. It makes your smoothie more tasty and healthy. Make a delicious combination of avocado(fruit and seed), green apple,pineapple and cucumber.
Save the avocado seed, it’s good for your health!
Mission Positive Films